Genesis Light Foundation saw a need among the youth in the community. The youngsters do not know who they are. They have lost directions. And they have lost their identity. The youth of today face daily stresses such as:
- Substance abuse;
- Lifestyle of being out of control;
- Trying to finding out who they are in life and who they want to be;
- Bad role-models in the social media, group of friends, and family;
- Distractions in social media;
- Broken families;
- Financial troubles that affect them directly or indirectly.
The goals for having the workshops and training material:
- To motivate the youth to have a true and lasting relationship with the Trinity – as each person in the trinity is important for a believer to overcome and have a lasting relationship with God.
- Restore their purity.
- Lead youngsters to restoration in body, soul and spirit, through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Serving people in the community and on a global scale.
- Empower the youth. Bring healing from brokenness and mold them into leaders and adults with good moral values.
- Reconnect with the peace they find in their natural surroundings, away from social media and other stressors.
- To raise leaders, counselors and supporters, by means of formal and informal training.
- Give the youth a voice people will hear and listen to.
- Equip the youth through discipleship. Offer training and discipleship for new believers, especially those who voluntarily want to turn away from any broken lifestyle.
- Provide the youth with a platform from where to share the love of God with others.
- Restoration to their identity.
There is a lot of hurt and sexual broken people in our communities. Many of them are met with rejection, misunderstanding, and labeling. Love is the one vital piece missing in today society. Yet it is the only piece that can bring true restoration to an individual, a family, a community, and a nation.
Genesis Light Foundation is inspired to teach about love, and especially the love of Jesus, and how to apply it with people who are experiencing brokenness. The Youth development part of the Foundation offers the following initiatives to be developed and grown by the youth themselves:
- Bible Study.
- Outreach to their communities.
- Presentation and talks to schools and religious institutions.
- Sharing their testimonies to encourage other youth.
- Prayer groups and interceding for those who need prayer.
- Youth Conferences.
For more information regarding the Youth development, please email us at info@4Christ.ngo. Please add YOUTH in the subject line of the email.
© Copyright Genesis Light Foundation 2018 (All Rights Reserved)