The Counselling initiative was created to bring healing to individuals struggling with sexual brokenness and SSA, and their families:
- We will counselling referred individuals from religious institutions, schools, businesses and elsewhere in the community, as long as it is understood that the counselling offered is based on Christian principles.
- Session duration: the sessions can be anything from 1hr to 3hr, but won’t extend the 3hr limit.
- Follow-up report will also be available.
- If the counselling happens on the premises of the Business or religious institution, or a school, a representative of the institution may attend the counselling session, or be present in the building:
- The reason for this would be to educate the staff member in regards to the counselling content (if hey attend the session).
- To have transparency between Genesis Light Foundation and the institution and that both parties are aware of the session taking place.
- There are rates, but these are negotiable.
For more information, please email us at info@4Christ.ngo. Please add COUNSELLING in the subject line of the email.
Equestrian Therapy Program
Horses are often used for psychotherapy, as they mirror and respond to human behaviour. They also have no judgement towards anyone, so their response is in total honesty. For people, the physical touch and interaction with the horse can assist in the following:
- Healing from a variety of trauma
- All kinds of abuse and molestation.
Genesis Light Foundation will enroll individuals to the Equestrian Christian Therapy Program when it is clear they are struggling to overcome certain areas through counselling, or have been referred to from outside sources.
Anyone can qualify for this program:
Strategy – Individual Sessions
We would recommend an individual join an Equestrian Christian Therapy Program when they are not making any progress in an specific area, or are unable to share or open up to a counsellor.
- If the individual requests having one of these sessions.
- For a traumatised individual who cannot communicate at all.
Future Strategy – Group Sessions and camps
- We are planning to have group camps.
- Creating a Christian-Based Equestrian Therapeutic Clinic.
- Rehabilitation of rescued horses
- Letting broken and hurting individuals interact and connect with these animals as healing sessions. (these individuals can come from backgrounds of trauma, accidents, addiction, sexual brokenness, special needs, etc)
- Once the clinic is a success, we aim to branch out to provinces and communities that need clinics as this one.
For more information, please email us at info@4Christ.ngo. Please add EQUESTRIAN in the subject line of the email.
© Copyright Genesis Light Foundation 2018 (All Rights Reserved)