What do you want to achieve in this year?
Where does God want you to be involved?
How are you going to do it?
1. PLAN: Be prepared
- Have a plan.
- Know your goals.
- Where do you need to grow and what do you need to learn – let the Lord be your instructor.
- Keep building your relationship with God.
Luke 14:28 (NIV) “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?”
Proverbs 16:3 (NIV) “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.”
2. PERSEVERE: Be prepared to pay the price
- Stick to the plan.
- Have discipline – don’t fade out.
- Perseverance is vital to grow.
- Nothing good comes easy. You always need to work at it.
- Understand the price of success and growth. Accept the price and deal with it.
- Don’t blame others for the mistakes you might make. Blaming solves nothing. Rather own up and take responsibility and learn from the mistakes.
- When you do make mistakes, learn from them and move on. Don’t try making the same mistakes.
Galatians 6:9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
3. PARTNER with God:
- Know that God is with you, Jesus Christ is with you, and the Holy Spirit is with you.
- Understand that God is fully committed to your relationship with Him. Even when you feel you are not good enough for the relationship, God will not leave the relationship. Usually it is us who walk away. However, God will receive us back with open arms.
- Practice faithfulness in your partnership with the Lord.
- Decide daily to partner with God, and not with sin, temptation or defeat.
1 John 4:19 “We love God, because He first loved us.”
Hebrews 8:10 “This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.”
4. PARTNER with fellow Believers:
- Just like the Holy Spirit knows how to partner with God the Father, and to partner with Jesus Christ, so too we need to understand the importance of partnering with fellow believers.
- Unity is very important, because that is when we learn and grow together.
- Encourage and motivate and support one another.
- Pray together and study the word together.
- Battles are overcome in unity.
- Be someone’s mentor.
- Be responsible and accountable to someone else regarding your life challenges and goals.
- Forgive quickly.
Colossions 3:13-14 “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
5. Remember the BASICS
- Get enough rest and sleep.
- Eat right.
- Get enough exercise – get the body moving
- Take care of yourself.
- Listen to sound advice.
- Stay close to God.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of he Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”